Prince of Wales Fort, Canada

The fort (GPS 58.797189,-94.213193) was constructed by the English in the first half of 18th century to defend the fur trade conducted by the Hudson Bay Company. In 1782 the French blew up the top portion of the fortification walls. The damage was repaired in the 1930s. Non professional restoration took place in the 1950s. Today the fort is a designated National Historic Site of Canada administered by Parks Canada. The document below contains a condition assessment and conservation strategy proposals. Pages of no significance to general merits of the document were not posted here.

(Photo by B. LUCKI)

(Photo by B. LUCKI)